Friday 12 June 2020

The art escapes


This fills my quota for Warwickshire Open Studios' #artweeksfromhome. As I said in the previous post, this began life as a “how-to” video. But I let the art take over and choose its own direction. Though its still a how-to, just requires some interpretation, is all.

In its first iteration, the video was approaching 5 minutes long and still seemed to be rushing its subject matter. Then I deleted some files accidentally. Time to stop. Time to do something else. That turned out to be the “Artist in Error” video. 

When that was done, I came back and thought, “Begin at the beginning.” Which immediately put me in mind of Under Milk Wood. Hence the poetry. And the opening line.

Art begets art as I often say. And this one has many ancestors. More than I will ever know.

When I showed the finished file to Feline, she said, “I WANT THIS AS A T-SHIRT.” Oh. Of course... I hadn't really thought of that until then. But it made total sense. So here it is on Feline and Strange's shirtee shop. (Also available as hoodie, bag or mug)

No comments:

Post a Comment