Wednesday 24 June 2020

Postcard 5: Restart from Zero

Just the one post today. So here's the finished print.
The song is about environmental disaster, the end of the world, really. And starting again from scratch. So here's the verse.

Burning forests, islands sunk,
Critters crawl in piles of junk.
"Stop," you say now, "all is lost."
So start again, but count the cost.

I like the horrible ambiguity of this image. Which one is Death here for? I had various ideas for this one, but all the others were a bit messy. This changed from my original idea, but here's the first sketch I did of this one. Pretty close to the final version, really. And a note at the side so I know roughly what forceps look like.
And this is the version I worked up to trace on to the block.
And drawings of the various other elements.

And twelve copies printed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment