Thursday 29 April 2021

Woman with her head in a towel…


Or maybe it’s, “I’m washing my hair.”

This one’s a birthday card for my wife. Some time around Christmas she came downstairs after a bath with her hair bundled up in a towel-turban. She used to do post-washing wrapping like this and wander about the house a lot in the past. But I hadn’t noticed her do this for a while. Anyway. She was sat at her computer concentrating on something or other when I did a quick drawing.

With her birthday coming up I went looking for a likely drawing about a week or so ago and reworked the rough original to make a print. I think it is kinda like her, and captured in a very simple design. I took about a minute on the original drawing and then about a day, off-and-on, to get to the printed card.

No comments:

Post a Comment