Monday 25 November 2019

A bit of a catch-up 2: Wolf in a sheepskin

Those of you that know me will know that I am a big fan of the Berlin-based band Feline and Strange. Such a big fan I'm willing to put my hand in my pocket and support them through Patreon.

One of their songs, “How much” from the album OUT begins,
“A wolf in a sheepskin has to eat grass,
To avoid his detection he walks on broken glass.”
It's a song about being an outsider, trying to fit into a world where they are feared and reviled. And how Death sometimes seems close at hand, weighing our good deeds against the bad....



Anyway, I made this print, primarily for the band, to welcome them back from the States,where they were recording their next album. It's a fairly literal take on the opening lines, but I think conveys that even in the skin of a sheep, there are unwritten rules of being a sheep he just doesn't get...

No comments:

Post a Comment