Thursday 21 November 2019

A bit of a catch-up 1: Titi von Tranz

The last few years in August I've been going to the Phoenix Alternative Festival at Llanfyllin Workhouse in Wales. One of the regular artists was Danielle Miller, performing as Titi von Tranz, singing 1930s Cabaret songs mostly. A kind and generous artist, loved by audience and fellow performers alike.

She died suddenly in July, which was a great shock to everyone.

On the day of her funeral I sat at home and began to draw. The end result was this linocut print.
The design incorporates 2 of Titi's songs. On the left is Tiddles, "My Girl's Pussy" and on the right is "My little green cactus" on the balcony.

I gave copies to friends of mine and Dani's at the festival and their reactions encouraged me to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment