Monday 5 September 2022

Apples and Pears


 More colour in an Expressionist/Fauve manner. There's a food and drink festival coming up in Rugby, so the Alex is going to dispay some food/drink related art. So this is part of my offering.

Like the flowers, I started from a crayon drawing and then worked in this registered/not-registered manner in the print. I'm really quite pleased with how it's gone.Colour definitely has its challenges, but I'm trying not to be scared of it. I found an old frame thatt I'd bought in a box of odds years and years ago - it's wood with a bakelite insert with fruit and flowers moulded into it - it quite suits this picture. If I can get mirror plates on it'll be my entry for the Leamington Open. 

I think I'll try a few more fruit/veg/meat pictures and then push the subject matter in a different direction.

The next couple weeks at the Alex are part of the Heritage Open Days events. So for this I'm planning to revert to black and white and on a smaller (postcard) scale,

No comments:

Post a Comment