Saturday 3 July 2021

Man - framed


This one’s a sort of companion piece to the woman I did on Thursday. They are both practice pieces for the next Song of Solomon print. And I’ve given them both frames. I’ve tapered his, firstly to give an illusion of perspective. Is he standing in the entrance to a cellar? Or is it an empty frame he’s holding around himself? The second thing it does is emphasize his shoulders. 

So I’ve got the larger print shaping up quite nicely, but I don’t think I’ll finish it before the end of Open Studios. But that was a deadline I plucked out of the air, anyway. These things take as long as they take.

I sold the first one of these before the ink was dry yesterday. One of the Open Studios visitors spotted him hanging on the drying rack and asked if she could buy one. Some of my wife’s friends were here and liked him, too. So I can see some more naked men postcards appearing in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment