Tuesday, 15 September 2026

J, Yellow in Pink


 I've been wondering whether to post about these three separately or together as I have been working on them in parallel. I've plumped for separate as they are "stand alone" pieces, I guess.

Anyway, another "mini-print" exhibition came across my radar a couple days ago. Leamington this time, not juried, but in my back yard. I had it in my mind to try a few little prints along these lines, so it was enough impetus to give it a go. Due to the exhibition rubric, they are smaller than my usual small at 10x10cm - though technically the same area as the 12X8s I did for the Leicester show, the square format seems more constraining somehow.

These prints are again based on quick (2min) life-drawings like the painting in Painting Stacey. The original drawings were big (A2) and scribbly but had a dynamism to them I wanted to try and translate to a different medium in small scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment