Monday 12 December 2022

Flight to Egypt



 This year's Christmas card/Jahresblatt had a very slow and difficult gestation.And it only really took form in the process of making it. Some bits didn't work at all so I had to cut some out and insert a new piece. Anyway. I kinda got there.

I quite like that it has something of Gustav Heinrich Wolff about it - in the almost sculptural quality of the figures. Subject wise, I suppose it's more subtle than "Herod the king in his raving," which was a contender. But its about the slaughter of the innocents, nonetheless, It says Dark Times are here, but there is hope. At least this child gets away.

Anyway. In my own irreligious way, I'm beginning to see Christianity as our only hope of redemption. The moral core that can allow us to escape tyranny and the collapse of civilisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment