Sunday 2 October 2022

Pictures at an Exhibition (Colour experiment)


 I made several drawings of gallery visitors when I was looking after various exhibitions over the last year. I wasn't sure what to do this last weekend so I went through my sketchbooks in search of something. I combined these people who came and looked at the gallery on different occasions and made the place look more crowded than it was.

I thought I'd try adding colour by inking the block partially with different colours and see how they come out. I'm reasonably happy with this, though I think I'd like to tweak the colours a bit and maybe use masks when inking - what I did was just roll the ink roughly where I wanted it. I also didn't really let the ink dry between impressions, so it's overprinted quite patchily.

No comments:

Post a Comment