Sunday 3 July 2022

Bent Flower 3: Pink Chrysanthemum

 

This is the third of the Bent Flower prints I did for Warwickshire Open Studios. I wasn't sure I'd get a third one done before close of play yesterday, but I hadd a big push and didn't wait for the inks to dry properly. I'm pretty happy with the results.

I quite like the graphic/not-graphic thing that I've got with these prints, through not using a proper key block. My original drawings werre done quickly in crayon, and I wanted to maintain that vibe in the prints. Here's the drawing for this one.

It's been an interesting exercise, and it's given me an insight into the technical and emotional processes of my work and has helped somehow to cleanse my mind. I also feel I've taken on the WOS scene on its home ground and acquitted myself well. I'm happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment