Sunday 22 August 2021

Another press


This one’s an etching press made out of an old mangle. An ebay purchase. The Guy of Warwick print and its off-cut fragments have given me the opportunity to get used to its funny ways. I’m still not wholly used to how the adjustable pressure works, and I think I tend to overdo it, but I’m getting there. 

The previous owner(s) had a more temporary way of supporting the bed as it moved from side to side, so I made this structure with drawers under that I think makes economical use of the space. I also made another bed with side-rails for lino so that I don’t have monster pressure and don’t get the big bump up and down as it negotiates the thickness of the block. 

The press was also missing its foldaway handle, but a handy washing-machine shock absorber has made a strangely comfy alternative.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment