Thursday 24 June 2021

Making money


£4 notes.

In my head this is a complex satire. First of all it’s about my fellow artists who “produce” giclee prints. They make a picture and then get some fancy-schmancy colour photocopies made. “Not real printing,” says I. Puts me in mind of one of the Goon Shows:

Grytpype-Thynne: Here’s a photograph of a four pound note. 

Neddy Seagoon: But the four pound note in the photograph – it’s a forgery!

So. These are real £4 notes. Price £4. And I promise I will give £4 to anyone who brings one back to me. So it’s real money to anyone who believes me. It currently has an exchange rate of £1 = £1, but as the government printing presses are working much faster than mine, these Bank of Steve notes may well end up strengthening against the UK£.

No comments:

Post a Comment