Friday 26 January 2024

Leamington Open 2024


 I've got two works accepted for the Leamington Open. Really chuffed about this one, it's really tough to get in as its such a small gallery. The woman who spoke to me on the phone said getting two accepted is "rare". The two works are Blackthorn, Cemex and Skinny woman. There have been a number of exhibition calls the last couple months and I held these back especially because I felt they were some of my strongest recent work.

The exhibition runs from 2 Feb until 12 May

Postscript 2 Feb 2024. I went along to the lauch last night to find that Skinny Woman was one of the works commended by the judges. Didn't get the big prize, but I think this is a pat on the back worth having. I spoke to one of the judges who said they tried not to have more than one work from any entrant, but the overall winner and I managed to sneak the extra one in.

No comments:

Post a Comment