Friday 18 December 2020

More Nudity (Artist and Model II)


This is a kind of follow-up to the Artist and Model print. I decided to go back to where the road forked for me and followed the direction I thought I was going in before I went for the larger, more detailed picture.
 

I still have it in my mind to use it on some of the cloth bags – just have to cut the slogan. But I thought I’d make it of a size to fit on a 6” x 4” card. Covering as many bases a possible, as it were.
 

I wanted to handle the artist and model differently. Using the ground as the “flesh tone” for the artist, but then using the ink for the flesh of the model. It’s saying they have different roles here rather than them both being my “subject”. Also I’ve got some dark green bags as well as the whiteish ones, so I can print in white on the dark bag as well as black on the regular ones. This design I think should work reasonably well both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment