Thursday 2 July 2020

Postcard 12: Can't Breathe

Postcard 12!! When I started this challenge, I thought it was achieveable. I'd got some rough ideas for most of the songs, and I'd previously done some postcard sized linocuts in a couple of hours. So. No worries, eh?

I've got one more to do with a couple of days to spare, so achieveable it was. But boy, am I tired. Some of them took longer than I imagined, and some of the designs changed considerably from what I'd originally thought. Getting up early helps, though. Ideal time of year for it.

Anyway, here's the postcard.
Back to the "double portrrait" like in postcard 2. I really like the variety this challenge has allowed.

Here's the verse for this one:

That hardly noticed rhythmic flow

Has stopped, and instantly you know.
Remove the panic from your face
And relax your bones for my embrace.

I've enjoyed writing these, too. The image and the verse and the original song all play off each other in my head. Hence the whole thing is more than just illustrations of the songs.

Anyway. Here are the proofs...

And 12 printed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment