Wednesday 1 July 2020

Postcard 11: Please Die


This one took quite a bit of effort. It could be the sheer act of having a violent image in your head and wanting to convey that in the execution. Quite tiring. For those of you of a nervous disposition, rest assured that the picture is *really* me gurning while holding a mirror over my head.

And here's today's verse:

Some wish for me upon a star
That I come soon to where they are
And take away in vultures guise
The source of blight that scars their lives.

Here's the original rough idea that occurred to me, then another getting closer to the final image.
And here are the various proofs showing how I cut the different parts. You can see that the background was there from the start, as opposed to other images where it developed as I cut the block.
And another 12 in the bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment